A case against affirmative hiring

Tl;dr: Firefighters who can’t do the job shouldn’t be hired just to meet quotas.

I have always believed that competence and cost should be the only things that matter in hiring. Turns out if you hire incompetent people for other reasons people can be put in danger.

I see affirmative hiring as a form of corruption, like nepotism.

This dude worked as a firefighter, between all the ramble there is a good example of why you shouldn’t hire incompetent people for quotas.

https://youtu.be/IAGhJHmP4CM

Because of quotas many Americans have lurnt that the grand children of slaves can be Doctors, Lawyers even Presidents.

I think seeing competent black people striving in the world would have done that anyway. One would have found a niche and capitalized on it, as did happen.

A lot of people criticize America as racist, I disagree, in a time when slavery was commonplace WORLDWIDE, half of america went to war with their brothers to ensure all people could be free. That’s a solid start.

Barack Obama was often referred to as an “Affirmative Action” President, despite the overwhelming evidence that he was just a bright well educated hardworking guy, that happened to be “only half white”

I didn’t think he was an exceptional president, but he was more than competent. But again that’s my point, we’re better off with competent people than with political hires.

1 Like

Or whomever the GOP thinks can run the country like they’ve run their businesses into the ground.

I don’t care what policies or parties support who or what. I think give applicants a handful of difficult roles of the job and the one who wins gets the job. Brute force, immoral, statistics. Just the way pappa capital likes it.