Bone spurs

So was talking to a medic the other day and she said I have bone spurs on the top of my feet… I had to have my feet examined due to getting another profile for lacing my boots weird. I thought I just had a “tall” foot. lmao
:man_shrugging:

In this location

Do you know if they will try to get rid of them?

I think CJCOS seat is open, send Donnie your resume’ and a cover letter outlining your undying loyalty to the King, and you’re in!

1 Like

It’s been a problem while wearing boots since my initial enlistment. I would get a huge bruised area with a blister in the middle. A medic in Basic had me lace my boots differently to distribute pressure in different areas. Now I just wear Nike boots :man_shrugging:

Doubt I’ll ever get anything done about it. I can go 20, 30 miles in Nike/Danner/UnderArmor boots

No one has actually made the connection to bone spurs until now lol

1 Like

So do you have to get a waver to wear non “uniform” footwear?

1 Like

Nike boots are AR670-1 compliant, as are the other boots.

Basically the only regs are height, material and color.

Due to so many people having problems with the issue boots, they did away with the “only issue boots” rule

Although I do have a set of the tan version of the old jungle boots with Panama sole. I love those boots, but as you can see, I can’t lace them “properly”.

And Nike boots are the new coyote color for the new uniform

1 Like

How are the NIkes in salt water?

Tough, they taste like shoe leather

2 Likes

They’ll need an obvious wash but the grommets and such are all aluminum and they dry quickly. I’d say the jungle boots would fare better, but I’ve only dealt with freshwater and mud.

Careful, or you’re gonna be one of those Al Gore desk jockeys. Every player on the team is valuable though.

If you live live long enough you will wake up some day and be 50 years old and the spurs will be 10 X worse. Get them taken care of now if you can.

1 Like