Real Mexican food

I make delicious mole.

2 Likes

I have a friend (Mati) who was trying to teach me about mole when she was still here. Now, sadly, her hubs has moved them to TX. But she kept 2 mole “starters” in her kitchen, one for her velvety red mole and another for her black which I understood to have Oaxacan roots and which was interesting as hell. Bottom line though, she could produce a mole in 20 minutes that would take several hours starting from scratch.

2 Likes

Prove it, or it didn’t happen.

:drooling_face:

1 Like

Don’t knock it until you have tried it. Crispy shell(lightly buttered) with bursts of inner flavor. I call this AmeriMex cooking.:grin:

We can meet anywhere in San Jose. I can show up with a container of mole for you and the missus.

3 Likes

Take that Mex out please. :rofl:

1 Like

The wife wouldn’t eat it. More for me :yum:

Really? Oh that’s too bad.

8CFE2E1E-055D-4C54-9CCA-84A8966A3989

I adore Mexican.

2 Likes

I figured out the biggest secrets to Mexican cuisine… whatever kind of meat it is, marinate it in orange juice, use every spice you have… doesn’t matter what… throw some cilantro, onion and lime on top of whatever it is and you’re good to go…

Not quite…the use of spice also depends on the dish.

And we don’t use orange juice for everything nearly at all. Mostly pork.

eta. A lot of it is technique as well…don’t oversimplify one of the most recognized cuisines in the world.

Mexican, Chinese, French…are among the most recognized cuisines on the planet. Show some respect, girlie.

1 Like