Spaghetti mystery solved

This here is some really cromulent stuff, Six.

1 Like

This reminds of of the collapse of the old “Galloping Gertie” The Original Suspension Bridge over the Tacoma Narrows that routes youup the Olympic Peninsula, due to some Engineering FU when the wind blew extra strong the bridge began to “flex” as the wind created harmonic waves in the bridge, making the bridge undulate in sonic waves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-zczJXSxnw

My stupid lil step bro could explain it to you in nauseating detail with mathematical proofs an stuff too, if you needed help getting to sleep. He did his Masters thesis on “Flow” which includes this sort of thing I guess.

1 Like

“aeroelastic flutter”

1 Like

You are correct sir.

It was cause of the railings

Not really. It’s the book answer but I couldn’t explain it beyond the concept. I have a DIL living in Gig Harbor who’s a navy Commander going on Captain, with multiple engineering degrees. She’s talked to me about the bridge a couple of times (the 1940 one.) I think there are rough parallels in a few spectacular airplane failures too.

BTW if you watch your YT clip to the end you get offered a clip to watch on five spectacular anchor drop fails. Don’t miss it. :laughing:

1 Like

I just saw the chart of the wing flex and it looked comparable to my amateur eyes. gotta be similar physics n shyt.

Gig Harbor is nice, quaint little harbor, and that Pizza place right on the bay!

Well, downtown is quaint and really nice to walk around in. Sadly, the kids live in a cookie-cutter subdivision on the outskirts of town.